BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Surrender

Have you ever had one of those times where you are just so far down that you feel like you can't move? find it hard to breathe? to think? I had one of those times a few days ago. I hardly even knew what was going on. The events of the day just had me so down that I refused to even think and went into robot mode. One of the things that I struggle the most with is surrender. No matter what I go through, no matter how hard it is, I just can't bring myself to surrender it to God sometimes.  This day was no different.

Looking back on it I find myself so blessed to live around the people that I do and be immersed in the amazing community of Kuyper College. The thing that finally turned me around and made me decide to surrender it to God? A discussion with a beloved friend and former faculty member of Kuyper. I'm going to dearly miss this person around Kuyper and I am sad to see them go. When I heard that they were being let go I immediately started to question what was going on and why this was happening. Why was God taking away a person that I found it so easy to talk to about my life? I just surrendered everything to him and this is how he repays me? That's how I felt all day. Then, sitting here about 30 minutes ago I remembered my conversation with said person. I remembered how they told me that everything is in God's hands and we just have to be willing to let him work. So I sat down and I once again embraced surrender. Embraced a God who is willing to take my pain, sorrow, and anger,  and replace it with peace. An everlasting peace that I can't even begin to describe.

Why do we find it so hard to surrender sometimes? Those of us who have done it, know that we need to and we know the sense of peace that washes over us because of it, yet somehow we still don't want to do it. Is it the part of human nature that to some extent makes us all control freaks? This is my challenge to you my readers: Let it go. It's as simple as that. Let it go. If there's something you're holding onto and you're afraid of surrender just let it go. Give it to the God who loves you and cares for you. The one who will never lead you astray. Put your life in his hands. Because I can promise you that the peace that will wash over you will be beyond your wildest dreams.

To the person that I had my discussion with, if you're reading this, you know who you are. You will be dearly missed at Kuyper College my friend and I will never forget you. Nor do I think, will a lot of the other students and faculty. May God grant you peace in this hard time and may you embrace him even now as he reaches out and embraces you. Go with God.

0 comments: